MINISTRY OF POWER , Notification New Delhi Dated 2nd March, 2005
G.S.R. 158(E) – In exercise of the powers conferred by clause(d) of sub section (2) of section 176 of the Electricity Act,2003 (36 of 2003), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules regarding the constitution and functions of the National Load Despatch Centre, namely:-
Short title and commencement.
- These rules may be called the National Load Despatch Centre Rules, 2004.
- They shall come into force on the date of their publication in in the Officical Gazette.
- In these rules unless the context otherwise requirements,-
- “Act” means the Electricity Act, 2003
- Words and expressions used herein and not defined but defined in the act shall have the meaning respectively assigned to them in the act.
Constitution of National Load Despatch Centre,-
- There shall be a centre at the national level to be known as National Load Despatch Centre for optimum scheduling and despatch of electricity among the Regional Load Despatch Centres.
- The National Load Despatch Centre shall be located at New Delhi with a backup at its centre in Kolkata.
Functions of National Load Despatch Centre:
The National Load Despatch Centre shall be the apex body to ensure integrated operation of the national power system and shall discharge the following functions, namely:-
- Supervision over the Regional Load Despatch Centres;
- Scheduling and despatch of electricity over inter-regional links in accordance with grid standards specified by the Authority and grid code specified by Central Commission in coordination with Regional Load Despatch Centres;
- Coordination with Regional Load Despatch Centres for achieving maximum economy and efficiency in the operation of National Grid;
- Monitoring of operations and grid security of the National Grid;
- Supervision and control over the inter-regional links as may be required for ensuring stability of the power system under its control;
- Coordination with Regional Power Committees for regional outage schedule in the national perspective to ensure optimal utilization of power resources;
- Coordination with Regional Load Despatch Centres for the energy accounting of inter-regional exchange of power;
- Coordination for restoration of synchronous operation of national grid with Regional Load Despatch Centres;
- Coordination for trans-national exchange of power;
- Providing operational feed back for national grid planning to the Authority and the Central Transmission Utility;
- Levy and collection of such fee and charges from the generating companies or licensees involved in the power system, as may be specified by the Central Commission.
- Dissemination of information relating to operations of transmission system in accordance with directions or regulations issued by Central Electricity Regulatory Commission and the Central Government from time to time.